Chicken stir fry with Spinach – Enjoy this super healthy, light and simple Chicken stir fry recipe. It’s so easy to put together and it can be served over Rice, Yam, Couscous and a variety of other meals. I know chicken stir fry is a common recipe but have you tried it with spinach before? If no, then you have to give this a try.
Leafy vegetables is part of our frequent meals in Nigeria and we cook it in different forms like the favorite Efo elegusi and efo riro and many others. We have this leafy vegetable called ”efo Amunututu” in Nigeria I love it so much but I don’t have access to it right here in the states so I decided to use the baby spinach for this and it tastes just as good.
The steps for making this Chicken stir fry is pretty easy, and by the way, if you don’t like Spinach, you can try my chicken and Vegetable stir fry with bell peppers and tomatoes here. Preheat some Oil in a pan, stir fry the Onions until it’s translucent, then add the Chicken together with some salt and Black pepper. Stir fry till the Chicken is browned. Stir in the Tomato sauce and cook for a bit.
Finally, add the baby spinach and cook until it’s all wilted. A minute or two will do. That is it, your stir fry is ready! Serve with your desired choice of meal or eat as is!
Chicken stir fry with Spinach
Chicken stir fry with Spinach – Enjoy this super healthy, light and simple Chicken stir fry recipe. It’s so easy to put together and it can be served over Rice, Yam, Couscous and a variety of other meals.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1lb Chicken (Cut into little pieces)
- 1lb Spinach
- 1 Small Onion (Diced)
- 1 Cup tomato Sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- Preheat the Oil in a Pan, add the Onions and Saute until it’s transluscent
- Add the Chicken, season with Salt and black pepper and stir fry until it’s browned
- Pour in the Tomato sauce and cook for another 5 minutes
- Stir in the Spinach and cook until it’s wilted – about 1 or 2 minutes
- Remove from heat immediately to prevent the Spinach from browning.
- Serve over Rice, Yam, Couscous, Plantains, Quinoa…….Enjoy!
- This recipe is not meant to be over burdened with too much ingredients that is why I used only Salt and black pepper but you are free to add a little more spices if you choose to – It’s best to keep it as light as you probably can.
- It’s ideal to use baby spinach (Nigeria subst. Efo Amunututu) but feel free to us any leafy greens of your choice that you are familiar with.
- Serving Size: 5
- Calories: 199
You may also like these recipes too: