This recipe is so straightforward and super sweet just the way it is but you can definitely add your own tweak to it like adding raisins, nuts, spices…
Banana Bread does not actually last long in my house because of how much everyone loves it even my little girl who is under the age of 2 eats this bread like a hungry adult who is taking his first meal by 5 pm – you know what that means right? Now to the recipe.
- 2 cups of All-purpose Flour
- 3/4 to 1 cup sugar depending on how sweet you want it
- 1/2 Cup Butter 1 stick at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 4 large very ripe bananas
- 2 teaspoons of Vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt if using unsalted Butter
- * I use the standard Us/Canada measuring Cup for all my measurements.
Gease the Baking pan with some Butter then coat it with some Flour and set aside
Cream the Sugar and Butter until it's combined then add the Eggs and cream together as well and set aside
In another bowl mash together 4 large ripe Bananas and set aside as well
Mix together the flour, baking powder, Baking soda and a pinch of salt (if not using salted Butter) then add the creamed Butter mixture together with the mashed Bananas and mix together until it's all combined.
Place in a 350°F preheated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour or till a skewer inserted in the middle of the Bread comes out clean.
Allow to cool completely and enjoy!