If you love Island food then this Jamaican jerk chicken wings is for you! Jamaican jerk is an incredibly delicious meal and a total crowd pleaser. You can BBQ it or bake it – it is totally up to you.
Just a handful of every day spices makes an incredible Jamaican Chicken marinade that infuses the chicken with exotic Island flavors.
I generally love good Chicken recipes, so when I came across the Jamaican Jerk recipe and I saw how much people hyped it I thought, I have tried a couple of good Chicken Wings recipe and whats more to wings? I thought I had it all. It turned out I was wrong. It is really different from all the Wings I have ever tried. It’s flavor is really bold and unique and it goes well with even tiny taste buds (Yep my kids loved it). I now know why this Jerked wings is a hype.
What I really like about marinating the Chicken wings is that it helps to tenderize the Chicken and also infuse it with flavor, so don’t be in a haste to bake or grill the wings, be patient and let the spices do it’s work. The patience is really worth it!
If you really want something for yourself, your family or friends this is a good way to go. Jerk it up!
Jamaican Jerk Chicken Wings with homemade Jamaican sauce
I generally love Chicken Wings so when I came across the Jerk and I saw how much people hyped it I was like…. wait a minute… I have tried a couple of good Chicken Wings recipe and whats more to wings? I thought I had it all. Well not all but seriously I have tried lots of it but I was totally dazed when I tried this out. It is really different from all the Wings I have ever tried. It’s flavor is really bold and unique and it goes well with even tiny taste buds (Yep my kids loved it). I now know why this Jerked wings is a hype.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- 3 Pounds of Chicken wings
- 1 cup of diced onions
- 3 stalks of Green Onion
- 1/2 Teaspoon of diced Ginger
- 1 tablespoon of brown Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon of Allspice
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1/4 tablespoon of Thyme
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 1 Habanero (I removed the seed) – you can add more if you like it hot
- 1 Teaspoon of smoked Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Tabespoon of cooking Oil
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1/4 Cup of Orange Juice
- Blend all the ingredients together (except the wings of course)
- Put the Wings in a Bowl and thoroughly rub the marinade on the Wings (don’t throw away the Left over marinade).
- Cover the Marinated Wings with a plastic wrap and put it in the Fridge to marinade for 8 hours or leave overnight in the Fridge
- After 8 hours, line and spray the baking Pan and arrange the Wings on the Pan then brush with some of the remaining Jerk marinade.
- Put the Wings in a 450 °F preheated Oven for for 45 to 50 minutes (turn halfway through and rub with the jerk marinade) and serve with your favorite dipping sauce. ENJOY!
- Serving Size: 7
- Calories: 413
You can watch the detailed video on how to make the Jamaican jerk chicken wings below: