Lemon cake or yogurt cake is an easy and quick cake recipe infused with a zesty lemon perfume. It is my to go cake whenever I feel like eating a cake or when I have a last minute guest and I don’t feel like using any fancy equipment.
You know, those days when it becomes a task to take out the mixer right? For those days try out this easy Lemon cake recipe and I’m sure you will like it.
This cake is moist and not overly sweet cake. It is a little tangy as a result of the Yogurt and zesty as a result of the Lemon zest and it can be eaten as breakfast, dessert, afternoon snack, or at any time at all.
I personally don’t eat cakes often but when I do, it’s got to be really good. For me, this is one of my quintessential cakes
You can dress this cake by using a simple sugar syrup but would be great served with fresh fruits or any fruit sweetened yogurt.
Would you like to try out the Nigerian pound Cake? Please click here.
Lemon Cake – How to make French lemon Cake
This French lemon cake or Lemon yoghurt cake is my to go cake whenever I feel like eating a cake or when I have a last minute guest and I don’t feel like using any fancy equipment.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- 11/2 All purpose flour
- Teaspoon of Vanilla extract
- 3/4 Cup of Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- The Zest of 1 medium sized Lemon
- 3 Large Eggs
- A pinch of Salt
- 1/2 Cup Yogurt
- 2 Teaspoon baking powder
- spray the baking Pan (8.5 by 4.5 pan) and set aside
- Zest the Lemon
- Add the Sugar to the Zest and use your fingers to massage the zest with the Sugar
- Add the yogurt, Oil, Egg, and Vanilla to the Sugar and Zest and mix it together at each addition and mix until all the ingredients are well combined
- In a separate bowl mix the Flour, Baking powder and Salt
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients
- Pour the mixture into an 8.5 by 4.5 greased Pan
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy
All the ingredients for this recipe should be at room temperature. This will give you a good quality cake.
Don’t overmix the batter, otherwise, the gluten in the flour will develop and you will end up with a tough cake. On the other hand, you don’t want to under mix the cake. Otherwise, the cake will turn out too crumbly.
As much as you want to keep an eye on the cake, try not to open the oven every now and then. Leave the cake to bake until it’s close to the given baking time before you open it.
Grease and flour the pan well before pouring in the batter. This will enable the cake to come out smoothly and in one piece after baking it.
Let the cake cool down a little bit before removing it from the pan. If you remove it immediately, the cake might fall apart.
- Serving Size: 20
- Calories: 221